From: "Chris Willett" <CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>; "Craig Smith" <csmith.atmos@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:55 AM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] condensation on inside of homemade tarptent

This is a common problem with sil nylon, shaped tarps.  I use, and like,
Henry Shires Virga model, which came with me on the AT and the GDT last
year. Condensation is a ever present problem and one that I have not been
able to solve.  It can be mitigated by choosing certain kinds of campsites
(i.e, don't camp in the middle of a field), but mostly it just has to be
dealth with.  My sleeping bag usually takes on some moisture on the worst
days.

Things that seem to help:

1) Putting the tarp head into the breeze, instead off assend into the
breeze.
2) Camping in the forest, rather than in the open.
3)  Dry the tent each day in the sun.