[pct-l] condensation on inside of homemade tarptent

Cypress,
    I think that the grass is probably the culprit.  When I first started
tarping all of the literature said that tarps don't get condensation because
they are very well ventilated.  That is not exactly true.  I have always had
some condensation in my tarp, even in dry regions.  The advantage of the
tarp is that it is (usually) far less condesation than in a tent and it
mostly just rolls down the walls and onto the ground.  I would caution
against using "waterproofing" spray on your tent and groundsheet.  If you
are using silicone impregnated nylon for your tarp then the fabric is
completely waterproof anyway and the spray would be pointless, also, most
sprays are urethane based and so wouldn't adhere to the silicone anyway.
Plus you are going to potentially add an ounce or two by spraying it.  If
you are using a coated nylon then it might make sense to spray the non
coated (inside) side of the fabric.  This could allow the water to run off
better and prevent the fabric from becoming wet (and heavy).  However, there
are still some of the same disadvantages.  Good luck!
Peace and Love,
Matt