[pct-l] packs

> granite gear vapor trail that weighs 2lbs. and seems to have some
> cushyness/suspension. has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, with this
> pack

The Granite Gear Vapor Trail is my favorite pack.  I wrote up a brief review

http://www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/gear/reviews/vapor-trail.html

You can see also a number of reviews on backpackgeartest.org

I would strongly encourage trying the pack before you buy it, or
buying from a source like REI which has a good return policy (yeah...
rei lists the vapor trail on the website again).  A pack which is
great for one person, might be awful for you.

> also, have any couples used the nanatek backcountry blanket at rated at 20
> degrees? the weight is nice at 1lb.10oz. but it looks kinda thin with only
> 2.5" of baffle height.

I don't have personal experience with the backcountry blanket.  I have
a ghost which has 2" baffle height.  For me, it is good to 35F wearing
a base layer and a GoLite Snowcap.  20F for the backcountry blanket
seems possible.  It would depend on how warm you sleep, and how much
you partner and you move around at night.

--mark