[pct-l] Etna

Dr Bob

Call Motel Etna  530.467.5338 Great, clean, quiet place run by a very
friendly couple. $45   (see Yogi's guide for lots of great town info)
They have the phone number for the woman who loves to give rides.

There's a guy named Father ?????????? who has his trailer open to hikers.
To find him, walk the full block through town.  Turn left at the coffee
house on the corner.
At the end of a short block, take a left after the grocery store.  His
little mobile home is across the street 75 yards up on the right.  His old
barn-red porch is covered with hiker boxes and hiker stuff.

Shoes

> > shoes 1and 1/2 sizes too big

> I'm starting the hike with shoes 1/2 size too big.  I worry a bit about
the
> arch in the larger shoe not lining up well with my natural foot arch.
That
> might gradually impact the plantar fascia.

My feet grew the entire size and a half in under 200 miles.  This is
normal.  At only one size too big on my first adjustment, the injuries
persisted.  I had to leave my shoes untied until my next pair arrived.