[pct-l] Kearsarge Pass resupply- now Trail Pass

Besides Trail Pass, about 3/4 mile before (going nobo) Trail Pass is Mulkey Pass, which one can also use to go down to Horseshoe Meadow...  slightly shorter than the Trail Pass trail (by approx. 3/10 mile - sorry, I don't have my TOPO! California or the Data Book here at work!).

Many writings also note Cottonwood Pass as the decision point for a 'too much snow' bailout - to either wait a week or two to reenter the high Sierra, or flip flop / jump ahead...  it's about 5 miles beyond Trail Pass (and 700' higher elevation) and is approx. 3.5 trail miles to roadend (maybe 4 miles to where Trail Pass trail intersects the road).

And for those that struggle through to Crabtree and decide to bail out over Trail Crest after going up Mt. Whitney - consider restarting nobo from Horseshoe Meadow...  a much easier reentry than West up to Trail Crest from Whitney Portal.

But...  there is still too much time between now and June to worry...  it might wind up being a 'normal' snow year in the Sierra - or less!  Washington might get heavy snows in the late winter/early spring...  Develop your various options now ('normal', late start, flip flop, sobo) for the possibilities...  but it's TOO EARLY to decide upon one set schedule right now.  WAIT, and be patient (I know - that's "easier said than done")...  Later, once you start, remember to stay FLEXIBLE - there is no single correct, fool proof way of accomplishing the task ahead.  Good luck to the class of 2005...

Happy trails!