[pct-l] bikes and logs

uh . . . well . . . HI . . . that was me!

I remember that day well, Iron Chef.  Didn't we have a GREAT campsite that night?!

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Matt Geis <mgeis@yahoo.com> wrote:
In 2002, half a day north of Sierra City, I started
encountering logs intentionally set across the PCT.
One, two, three...

I must have encountered upwards of 25 of these logs,
some of them QUITE large and quite long. All this
shortly after a couple mountain bikers passed me
(slowly, politely) while I was resting trailside.

The next evening I caught up with some other
thru-hikers (if they want their identities revealed,
I'll let them be the ones to do it) who asked "So, did
you see the trail work?". It turns out that they were
the ones who had placed the obstacles. Not only that,
but they'd also given a real earful to the bikers I
met -- it seems that it wasn't so much politeness as
contrition, and maybe a desire to not have to go
through another haranguing about bikes on the trail.

Iron Chef