[pct-l] sharing my pain . . . .

About 6 months after a skiing accident in which I broke a thumb, I developed
a similar "trick" knee that increased in occurence and intensity until I had
to have it checked out.  I had tore cartiledge and when I stressed the knee in
just the right direction it wedged the tear into the joint and caused the
intense pain.  They did arthoscopic surgery and I just knew that my two great
passions; basketball and hiking, were probably over.

Nope.  The knee is strong as ever now, the only lingering pain from the
surgery was where the instruments went through the big muscle  on the inside of the
knee.  This pain lasted for about a year after before disappearing.  I now
play full court basketball and can hike as before without any knee problems.

However, I am genetically blessed and most likely (or perhaps hopefully) fall
into the same category as Marge.

They do amazing things with old knees these days.  Find several sources who
really know knees before allowing anyone to touch or prescribe anything to you.

HYOH,

Greg

In a message dated 1/26/2005 5:18:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,