[pct-l] Montbell

> Has anyone tried products from Montbell?
> I am specifically looking at the Chameece pullover

I have been very happy with the Montbell products I have tried.  They
have well thought out design, first rate material, good quality
workmanship, with a company that has a sense of social responsibility.

I have not tried the Chameece pullover.. but my Montbell's Light Shell
has Chameece side panels.  If the pullover is using the same weight as
my side panels, I would expect this fleece won't be warmer than a
100wt fleece or heavy weight base layer.

As to other products by Montbell.  I love my Light Shell.  It is the
jacket I wear 90% of the time in the SF-Bay areas during the winter,
is sometimes my action shirt while engaged in fast moving cool weather
(20-40F) activities, and I sometimes bring as a laying piece.  Think
of it as a very light weight Marmot DriClim windshirt.  I also have a
Thermawrap Vest.  5oz, warmer than 200wt fleece.  Their new Peak
Jacket which should be out in Feb 2005 looks really nice.

--Mark