[pct-l] central Oregon transportation/ Backpacker Mag

There isn't scheduled bus service to the top of McKenzie Pass.  There is a
bus service called the Valley Retriever that will stop in Sisters.  Contact
me off-list and I  might be able to be of more assistance.

On a side note..with the latest issue of Backpacker I  now know what Strider
looks like......

Steve

> I'm thinking of hiking a little 57 mile missed section in central Oregon
this summer & was wondering if anyone knows where I can find bus or other
transportation info.  I seem to recall there was a bus that would stop at
McKenzie Pass??  Anyway, I'd like to hike from Hwy 242 up to around
Breitenbush Lake (or the reverse).  I'll probably have a car at one end or
the other.

> Or, since the Breitenbush area is pretty remote, if anyone happens to live
in that area, a shuttle would be perfect.  I would be very willing to
compensate for time & mileage.