[pct-l] Filling Holes in the Marble Mountain Wilderness

Some private land in the Marble Mountains Wilderness, across
which the PCT cuts, have been purchased for transfer to the U.S.
Forest Service.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/v-print/story/12126208p-12997098c.html

					Craig "Computer" Rogers
^ ^ ^

This story was actually on the local "KCOW" radio station this morning up here in Siskiyou County.
I checked out the info at work-usfs and this is what I found out.  If you use your PCT Vol Calif guide yr 2000 issue,
the two 640acre sections, or 1 square mile each, that were acquired for protection are:
^^^^^^
Page 469 map P10, section 29 that has Middle Boulder lake in the Trinity-Alps.  640 acres!!
Page 486 map Q5, section 36 that is near Soft Water spring and south of Sky High lakes. 640 acres!!
This parcel is in the headwaters of Wooley Creek, which is incredibly wild and remote..
no one knew where the 80 acre parcel was located..
^^^^^
It was a long and worthy battle, to acquire and protect these lands from the human race to be treasured by same at a slower pace....
^^^
Hikon.