[pct-l] Hiking North-South vs South-North

Last year I hiked South from Manning Park to Dunsmuir (August & September).
I enjoyed it very much and met more hikers this way. The disadvantage is
that you have less chance to walk with somebody and often spend the night
alone. Reading the guide in a reverse manner is a bit more troublesome but
basically no problem.
Next year I want to do my next section in Northern California, but am not
sure yet which way I am going. The final decision depends on logistics,
since I have to organize everything out of Switzerland but do have a cousin
in Dunsmuir. Most likely though I will again hike August & September. Less
mosquitoes, not as hot and fewer people at least after Labor Day.
Happy Trail
Adrian alias Matterhorn AT01, WA/OR04