[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

Hi Donna,

Well said, very poetic.

Leo.

l From dsaufley at sprynet.com  Thu Jan 20 14:28:04 2005
From: dsaufley at sprynet.com (dsaufley@sprynet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 14:44:14 2005
Subject: [pct-l] Cell Phone Trips

As a bit of travel triva, the "Lizard Man" episode of Star Trek was filmed at Vasquez Rocks.  Yup, Cap'n Kirk and the lizard fought it out right on Ship Rock.  Also, beautiful Vasquez Rocks was location for Bedrock in the first Flinstones movie.   The movie folks invited the public to view the town they built, and caused such a stampede and traffic jam that some folks are still steamed about it.

VR has been a film location since the earliest days of silent films . . . hikers sometimes walk through movieand TV production sets on their way through the county park.  I like it when they light up the rocks at night (but I'm glad I don't live any closer).

-=Donna Saufley=-