[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

In a message dated 1/20/2005 7:13:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mike.aken@gmail.com writes:

> [...]

John has obviously never hiked for hours with either of  the following tunes
running through his head and was unable to stop the  music.>>>>>>>>>

Or The Voices

Not too far past Sky River Wind Ranch on Sweet Ridge ( north of Tehachapi
Pass ) I ran into Bryan.  We hiked a ways together.  He was hoping to  get
batteries for his radio soon.  I told him, "now,at least you have  plenty of time
to listen to the voices." To which, he replied, "That's why I  carry it, so I
won't have to."

I call it Wrestling With The Demons  and probably few, if  any, are ready for
it, day in... day out.  It's worth the effort  though, for on a few days,
when the gods are smiling, you might win two  falls out of three, and wind up
much the better for it all.

( I carried no radio and do admit to wishing for one on several  occasions)

"No Way" Ray  Echols