[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

Why do people want constant music to accompany their lives?

I used to have the stereo playing classical music. Gradually I realized
I didn't want this background music (noise). I don't even want the
background music at home. I seldom even play music or have the radio on
while driving.

Turning on a radio to actually listen to the program is something
different. I ejoy listening to Parairie Home Companion on Saturday
afternoon. I stop doing most anything else except perhaps sipping a cup
of coffee or tea and pay attention. This I enjoy. I can't enjoy PHC
while doing other activities.

Maybe I've just lost the ability to "multi-task".

John