[pct-l] Hiking poles

I found that I didn't like anti-shock for three reasons:

1) Anti-shock poles are noisier than plain poles
2) Anti-shock poles are heavier than plain poles
3) When I really need to lean on the the pole I didn't like the
"squishiness" of the ant-shock. Even when the were in the "turn off
the shock absorbers" mode, they had more give than I wanting when I
really needed to catch myself.

On the other hand, lots of people seem to like them.  What I look for
are light poles without anti-shock and a good grip / stap (I want a
positive angle).

--mark