[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

Whose to say these people would have left technology behind? If Ansel Adams was 30 years old today he might be carrying an 11 mega-pixel camera and a laptop to store his pictures. John Muir might be carrying a palm pilot for taking notes and a gps for marking where a herd of goats were.

It's easy to look back and assume that these legendary people who fit our romantic ideals would be the same if alive today, but who's to say? Heck, if alive today Muir might have become a lawyer.

Mark