[pct-l] It's all in the planning... for now

These discussions of food and cell phones reminded me that, even though you
spend a generally agreeable, though sometimes frantic, winter planning and
planning, like a battle plan, it will, in all its small details, be thrown out
the window after the first step is taken.  ( Jeez, could I place any more
commas in a sentence?)

I had great fun planning every mile, every day, every motel stop,  every Zero
Day, every calorie... everything.  Like a biblical scholar, I  could recite
whole tracts of the Guide from memory. I read every post on  both PCT and
Ultralite sites.  I packed and unpacked...endlessly.  It  got me through the long
winter here in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

 But I found to my great joy that serendipity and  synchronicity were more
important than anything... that an unplanned  side-trip to Mammoth turned into a
day as magical as the sunset on Forester  Pass... that junk foot served as
well as organic stems and seeds and twigs when  needs they must... that a day
here, a mile there was as unimportant as the world  I left behind... that two
hours waiting for a hitch passed by as easily as two  minutes... that I couldn't
wait for the night to pass so I could see what would  happen on the morrow.
Oh yeah, and that Momentum is everything.

Row Row Row Your Boat
"No Way" Ray  Echols