[pct-l] Snow depth telemetry stations for CA, OR, WA

Try the California Department of Water Resources. Their query system
isn't exactly user friendly, unless you know the id for the station you
want, but it has lots of info. On the link below you can check out the
"	Map of stations" link (at the bottom of the page) enter a partial
name (like "crabtree" or "tuolumne") and it will give you the station
id. Hit back and enter the station id ("tum" for Tuolumne Meadows or
"cbt" for Crabtree Meadows for example) and you'll get a map with the
surrounding stations. Different stations have different data, but they
generally have temperature and snow-water content. Some have snow depth
(labeled as "snow dp").
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/queryTools.html

The data should be updated hourly, but sometimes it's not. Below is a
link for the Crabtree Meadow station. If you click the sensor link at
the top of the data table it will give you a 24 hour graph for that
sensor.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?CBT

If you have trouble with the user interface you can go to my web site (
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com ) and look up a map. We don't have
complete map coverage, but we do have much of the sierra including all
of the JMT, though nothing north of Mono Lake except on the coast.
Check out the "Coverage Map" link. (Send me a fat check and we'll add
map coverage for all of Ca, Or, and Wa ;-) In the weather section of
the map pages at bottom left there will be "Local Weather Stations"
links. These links pop open a window with the California Department of
Water Resources Web site and shows the current weather station data
(same page as the second link above).

Looks like Crabtree Meadow had 84 inches of snow and a temp of 35F as
of about 11am today. Seems like most stations don't have data past
about 11am today. It's usually more up to date than that.

Mark

-----
Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add