Fwd: Re: [pct-l] Music on the trail

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Jeffrey Zimmerman" <jeffreyn@sonic.net>
To: "Miranda Levin" <spenluc@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Music on the trail
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:40:45 -0800

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:21:37 -0800, Miranda Levin <spenluc@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> What is a good radio for the trail?  I am looking at the Creative NOMAD
> MuVo TX FM 256 MB MP3 Player.  It would be great to have MP3 when there
> were no stations, and only 1.5 oz.  What are some other radios people
> have used?  Thanks.

In the mountains there is little reception (aside, perhaps, from satellite
radio) which is useful.  For music, I suggest the wind in the trees and
the water splashing on the rocks.  For weather forecasts I suggest an eye
on the sky and an ungloved hand in the air.  For sports, I suggest the
joys of clean, dry socks.  For news reports, I suggest forbearance.

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast