[pct-l] Vacationing with a thru-hiker?

In a message dated 1/13/2005 12:39:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu writes:

>>>If there is anyway to stretch the days or lengthen miles,  Tuolumne
Meadows to South Lake Tahoe (about 150 miles) is the prettiest  section of the
entire trail (no one better disagree with me on this  one!)  <<<<

 A way to shorten this trip is to skip Tuolumne Meadows to Sonora  Pass.
This is a TOUGH section on which to begin a trip... first hand  experience! (
and.. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with CWillett )  I had never hiked the
trail from Sonora to Echo lake before and I found it  striking and strikingly
different from the granitic Sierra.  From Sonora  (mile 1013.2) to Echo ( mile
1089.3) is 76.1 miles.  If that's too long,  start at Ebbetts Pass.

"No Way" Ray  Echols