[pct-l] Kansas City tourism

I agree.  I think since I don't have mountains during the off season, when I do get out on a trail, the mountains seem to be that much more magical.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Ron Smith <ronyon@comcast.net> wrote:
If you can't find anything but fountains and roses in Kansas, you're
looking in the wrong place. Ask Dorothy. As a kid growing up on the flat
Texas plains I frequently dreamed that mountains had miraculously sprung
up in my back yard. This is one of the reasons I always see magic, in
addition to geology and sweat, in the hills, crests, and mountains I
visit. I pity the poor souls who had to grow up in a mountain state!
-Ron

> although, to be completely accurate, the only REAL Kansas Citians :)
hail from the Missouri side......at least that's what I've always been
told, having had the good luck to be born there! There are fountains and
roses! Don't forget Loose Park and the famous Rose Garden. (OK -- it's
been a while since I've visited, and that's all I remember....but it was
great!)