From: Kraig Mottar [mailto:kraig.mottar@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 3:45 PM
To: yogi; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kansas City tourism

I've been to the Mark Twain National forest which I think is in Missouri and
Arkansas.
Anyone know of any trail in that region?

Kraig

> From: yogi <yogihikes@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2005/01/12 Wed AM 10:56:40 PST
> To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Subject: [pct-l] Kansas City tourism
>
> Never been to the Ozarks, except to drive through.  I hear it's beautiful!
>
> yogi
> www.pcthandbook.com
>

> Kraig Mottar <kraig.mottar@verizon.net> wrote:
> Don't forget about the cows. And to bring this back ontopic (hiking) what
can you say about the Ozarks?

> Kraig
>
> > From: Trekking Amy
> > Date: 2005/01/12 Wed AM 07:56:45 PST
> > To: yogi , pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> > Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kansas City tourism
> >
> > although, to be completely accurate, the only REAL Kansas Citians :)
> > hail from the Missouri side......at least that's what I've always
> > been told, having had the good luck to be born there! There are
> > fountains and roses! Don't forget Loose Park and the famous Rose
> > Garden. (OK -- it's been a while since I've visited, and that's all
> > I remember....but it was great!)
> >
> > yogi wrote:I remember when this appeared in "Backpacker" last year.
> > It seems like there are some scientists with too much time on their
> > hands!!
> >
> > yogi
> > www.pcthandbook.com
> >

> > Mark Wright wrote:
> > I'm afraid there isn't going to be much of a "crest" in Kansas. It
> > has been scientifically proven that Kansas is in fact flatter than a
> > pancake.
> >
> > http://www.improb.com/airchives/paperair/volume9/v9i3/kansas.html
> >

> > Mark
> >
> > -----
> > Have fun or die trying - but try not to actually die.
> > http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
> > Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
> > sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
> > action=add
> > On Jan 11, 2005, at 10:14 PM, Judson Brown wrote:
> >
> > > Well, Yogi, there's your next long-distance hike: From KC to Mt.
> > > Sunflower
> > > on the KCT (Kansas Crest Trail).

> > As long as I live, I'll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I'll
interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche.
I'll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the
heart of the world as I can.