From: "AsABat" <AsABat@4Jeffrey.Net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 10:45 AM
Subject: RE: [pct-l] weather . . .

California water supply status is at
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryForm?url=current/EXECSUM

Bottom line:
Snow pack is about 150% of average to date.
Rainfall is 100% to 300% of average to date.
BUT, reservoirs are still only 50% full (but this allows for flood control).

The bigger problem is that the Colorado River reservoirs (Lake Powell and
Lake Mead) are much below normal, and getting critical. It will take much
more of what we are seeing to eliminate the water supply problem. (And I
won't get into increased demand as that is not a PCT issue for this forum.)

I am thankful our farmers are getting free water right now, and thankful the
supply is increasing so we'll have water in the reservoirs for them this
summer.

AsABat