[pct-l] Pack weight to body weight ratio...

There is a ballance somewhere between machismo "I can carry 200 lbs 100 miles" and as you say, going lighter.

It may be a while before I take a long hike where town stops will be important. Though, when I do, I want to figure out how to communicate with civilization when and as needed. Any ideas. Cell phones won't work everywhere all the time. Of course, communication occurs sparingly but is good to have when needed.

Kraig