[pct-l] Re: Digital Camera goes swimming

I set my old Olympus on a mini tripod at the edge of a hot spring. As I moved
away to get into timed photo, I watched my camera fall into the pool. I grabbed
it out of the water quick, pulled the batteries, and shook the water out of it.
After an hour or so, I put in the batteries, turned it on and it was dead.
After several hours, I tried again, and it turned on, but the photo was all
fog. In about two days, it started taking good photos again, and has for the
past several years. This digital camera's electronics were vulnerable to
moisure, even damp air once, but it did not short out when dropped in water
briefly. I am not interested in repeating the experience though. I put my
camera in a zip lock bag during damp weather.
Ken R.