could have only dreamed about a decade ago...

-Mountain Goat-
www.geocities.com/pct_2005

Brett blisterfree at isp01.net
Wed Jan 5 18:37:29 CST 2005

Who invented the 1/3 body weight formula? I don't know, but

I'm sure the makers of expensive packs designed to "carry
heavy loads in absolute comfort" love the way it makes
their
products available to the overweight and out-of-shape
majority of American consumers. By focusing the packweight
discussion on an upper theshold, rather than on means of
reducing packweight, the formulas (and in turn the gear
companies) tend to encourage carrying the maximum
packweight
allowable.

- blisterfree