[pct-l] Guidebooks - don't leave home without them

In a message dated 1/4/2005 12:08:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CWillett@pierce.ctc.edu writes:

> Seem like a lot of specialized info?  Yes, it is.  Carrying the guides and
> data book is a simple solution.  Cutting weight by not hauling the 4 oz. of
> material (between bounce buckets) is not much of a savings.  Better to eat one
> less cheeseburger a week and save the weight from your gut.

FY'allsI...

The (old) one volume Califfornia guidebook probably weighs over 1.75 lbs.
(I'm missing a few sections and the back cover) , the entire Oregon and
Washington guidebook weighs about 1lb, 1oz.  Each individual 80-100 miles section
weighs about 1oz.

The entire databook book, which I kept whole and highlighted my nightly
stays, 4.5 ozs.

Add 8 pounds for the Dana Terraplane I carried them in!

Sly