[pct-l] $5 Bulletin Boards and Oilcans (was Independent Hiking & Trail Angels)

Now, now, now....

Nobody called anybody an idiot...
Nor was "greedy" injected...

This is America! If someone wants to charge money for the privilege of
posting a note on a bulletin board, then more power to `em!
Supply and demand. Free Market. Build it and they will come. No tikki,
no washy. Yadda-yadda-yadda...

I, personally have little use for bulletin boards. If I'm ahead of a
buddy on the trail, I'll scratch an "MS" and the date and time into the
dirt.
What this conveys is: "catch up, slow poke!"

I've pinned (sharpened twig) notes to trees on a couple occasions. They
get pulled by the intended reader, so no litter.

The POINT, I was making (in jest, of course) was that oilcans are more
important than bulletin board messages!

...But, now you've piqued my interest...
Why WOULD someone charge money to post a message on a bulletin board?
Surely, anyone who pins a note on a bulletin board doesn't expect it to
last very long...
And how would one arrive at a $5 amount?
Multiplied by the number of notes...That's quite a "maintenance"
fee...and is the board truly maintained?

Now, stocking oilcans at the store would be more useful!!!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m