[pct-l] Shipping from the East

We were able to mail our ice axe to Kennedy Meadows with no problem.  Just
create a cardboard container for it that safely contains the points.  It
isn't that hard to fold up a box to make one the right size.  Same with your
crampons, if you insist on bringing those.  Just mail them to KM, but pad
them so they don't poke through the box.

At the store at Kennedy Meadows, it was so funny to look around and see all
the interesting ways people had wrapped their gear to ship it.  Hint - a
distinctive tape or banner on the package will make it easier to find.

Of course, if it's a high snow year, you may need your axe before then. I
know two who hiked in high years who just carried their axes all the way.

Ginny