[pct-l] Heat & Clothes

It's probably been run into the earth...but.

I used a nylon, long-sleeved, huge-sized shirt... REI and plenty of others
make them. Sierra Traders usually has some brand or other pretty cheap.  Light
in color... Mine started out white, but turned sage as did my light  brown
nylon shorts, when I washed all my clothes along with a dark green  Duofold
Varitech t-shirt.  I kept it buttoned up and on throughout the  desert (and
everywhere, in fact) , on the theory that keeping moisture in slows  water loss.
Seems to work for Bedouin folk.  Took a good hat, one  that particularly covered
neck and the sides... to keep out a lot of ricocheting  sunlight. There's
plenty of brands.  Over the years, I have often  used a baseball cap with a
handkerchief ala Sahara style hats.  This is  useful when water is available for you
can wet down the handkerchief.

 I used sunblock only on my face and hands.  Of course, that was  the
agreement between self and dermatologist so he would let me go.  The  curse of
growing up on the beach.

After sweating through the desert for days, careful how you handle the  long
sleeve nylon shirts.  They become so encrusted  and  stiff  that they may
break into shards and fall to ground. ( This is tongue-in-cheek...  for
literalists :C)

Wore only short pants.  Didn't even take any long pants in California  or
Oregon.  Windpants served for long, when necessary, and that was rarely.  Should
have worn them on Muir Pass since I postholed for hours and wound  up with
sanded down legs.  Love that snow burn!

When it's hot, be hot.  When it's cold, be cold.
"No Way" Ray  Echols