[pct-l] Heat & Clothes

Just follow up briefly on my post on clothes in the heat.  The SunPrecautions hand mittens just cover the back of my hands.  Really good protection using the hiking poles.  In combination with the ventilated shirt and hat with drape, you are really set to take on the desert or any high radiation environment.  If you have a solar hands-free umbrella, you are really prepared - you are ready to bang along the trail. Remember, you have reflected radiation from rocks and ground too.  That is why the drape on the cap is so good.  Besides being good against bugs.

Just look each year at the journal pictures of hikers arriving at Warner Springs and how damaged they and their skin looks.  Those pictures have the forced smile looks.  Not at all necessary.  And they are getting ready to go out and do it all over again in the next section - oh joy.  I just think of how extra hard they are making it for themselves.  But, you hike your own hike and it is none of my business how they are doing it.  Cheers, Switchback