[pct-l] Trail Crest Pass

In a message dated 12/29/2004 12:14:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kdpo@gottawalk.com writes:

> Got a kick out of Cobweb's picture:
> http://gallery.backcountry.net/album18/acc
>  Comparing it to our pictures on http://www.gottawalk.com/cdt/Lake_city
>  I would say you were there on June 5th (based on the snow levels).

Ok, now I get it.  Here's a pic in the morning when we were camped right
below the Pyramid.

http://gallery.backcountry.net/album18/aco

The afternoon/night before when it was snowing pretty good and I was thinking
if it didn't let up we may have to retrace our steps back and bail at
Weminuche Pass.  There was a spur trail there to a road near a campground many miles
away.  Thankfully, once the sun came out, it melted off pretty quickly.

BTW,  all the pics I've been linking are my partner Cobwebs pics.  That's why
I'm in them so often!

Sly

PS, Sorry to hijack the pct-l with CDT stuff....