[pct-l] adapting to heat

The most important thing is to drink drink drink. You will lose performance
from dehydration long before you feel sick. Plenty of water plus
electrolytes - Gatorade, Gookinaid Hydrolyte, etc. On long hot 30-milers
I've drank 2 gallons and still felt dehydrated. As for hose hydration
systems, yes, you don't know how much you have left, but if you don't want
to stop on a long pitch, it's better to carry water in your belly than
unused in your pack. I carry half my water in a hydration system to sip
while walking and the other half mixed with electrolytes in my pack to drink
on short breaks.

AsABat