[pct-l] Adapting to heat - sungloves?

Hi Pea,

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Pea Hicks wrote:

> so, do you use sunblock underneath your clothes, or just on exposed areas of
> skin?

At least once a day (early in the morning) I use sunblock on my face, neck
and hands. If I sweat a lot I reapply around noon. Occasionally I also
apply to my arms - which are under the shirt. (Just to be safe.)

> i've never had a problem getting too much sun on areas covered with
> uv-blocking clothes.

I'm a little paranoid about getting skin cancer. I don't think I would get
"burned" - but I do get darker under the shirt. I think it is around SPF
8. But how well it really blocks the different UV bands I don't know.

So far I like BullFrog SuperBlock 45 the best. It is the most concentrated
sunscreen I have found (lower SPF usually just means more dilution), has
all 6 standard active ingredients (so it blocks both UVA and UVB), is
fairly waterproof and doesn't irritate my eyes too much.

Ilja.