[pct-l] Pink Motel... no more

I just spoke with Don Middleton regarding the old trail registers.  He says
that he has records going back to 1988 when they opened the Pink Motel to
hikers.  He is okay with giving them to someone who will see to it that they are
preserved.  I suggested that perhaps a local person (Irwin "Crash" Reeves?)
could go by and pick them up and bring them to the kickoff.  He is fine with this.

He also mentioned that they were thinking of attending the kickoff next year
to simply inform all of those hiking of the Pink Motel's closure.  I told him
that we would be honored to have them and get an opportunity for the PCT trail
community to give them a huge "thank you" for 16 years of trail magic!

Best regards,

Greg Hummel