[pct-l] Pink Motel... no more

In a message dated 12/28/2004 12:30:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rellinwood@worldnet.att.net writes:

> I just talked to Helen Middleton who owned the "Pink Motel" and she said
> that it had been sold and will not be available to hikers anymore.

Bummer.  Too bad they didn't list it through the PCTA or a hiker resource
first or if they did, nobody scooped it up.  I think there's an active search for
land that's for sale along the AT and much of it bought by "friends of the
trail."

I missed the Pink Motel when I hiked through that area and only knew about it
from a small sign on a post.  Since I camped the night before near the water
faucet in Snow Canyon, it was much to early to quit for the day.  I do wish I
checked it out though.

Maybe if a few strays approach the new owners, they'll take a liking to
hikers!  ;)

Sly