[pct-l] Help!

There is a Hassidic saying that is appropriate for
your situation:

Carefully observe the way your heart draws you and
then choose
 that way with all your strength. --Hasidic saying

Where is your heart drawing you? Do you want to
experience the trail work and work a job that is more
satisfying? Or is hiking the trail the most important
thing in your life right now? More than one person has
pointed out (IMHO, correctly) that in order to
thru-hike a trail, it must THE most important thing in
your life. Not just something you want to do..but
something you HAVE to do.

The trail work can be an adventure in itself. But,
which adventure truly means the most to you? Only you
can make that decision.

I will also add this little bit: Your start of the PCT
is only ~5mos away. If you really want to hike the
PCT, a mere 5 mos of working in a less than satisfying
job is very do-able. Before you know it you will be on
the adventure of your dreams. And, who knows, you may
still be able to find trail work or a job with an
outdoor group after your thru-hike.

One last quote from the Tao of Northern Exposure
(which was filmed not too far from the PCT):

"Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant
shore.
 Because our mortal journey is over all too soon.
–--Chris Stevens, NORTHERN EXPOSURE"

Sooo..follow your heart..and see which dreams it leads
you to fulfill.

Good luck!

=====
--Thoreau