[pct-l] Lightest slimest altimeter watch? (NOT the Helix)

My experience with this watch on the JMT this summer was calibrate often!  I
actually like it for the price. I think I paid about $59 for it.  My
experience concurs with the previous post that it might be off as much as
50-100' but I still found it informative in that if I have 1200' to climb if
I'm off 70' it's not bad considering it's a $60 watch that's also providing
time and an alarm if needed and lets me know how cold it got in the tent
that night. If I reach the pass 70' early I feel like superman.  If I
thought I should have been to the top 70' earlier, well, at least I can see
the top!

Would I pay $130 for it?  Hell no!  I'd probably spend the extra $70 and get
the Suunto Vector (I think it's called).

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't read below 0 ft. and can't seem to be
adjusted until it reads 0 or above again...Although that wasn't really a
concern in the Sierra's

My .02 is for a $60 watch it's just fine.  You get what you pay for!

David
David@dalbey.org