[pct-l] Where to hike in Washington

In a message dated 12/25/2004 2:45:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
a.spiers1@ntlworld.com writes:

> I am visiting the Bellevue, WA area in January 2005 from England and would
> like to do a hike on a mountain trail. Can anyone please recommend:
>
> (a) a good hike within a 20-30 mile radius of Bellevue;
> (b) a good hike along the Pacific Crest Trail which is nearest to Bellevue;

Snoqualmie Pass is probably closest to Bellevue and about an hour away via
I-90.  This time of year I would imagine it's under several feet of snow, but
just north of the pass was a good hike even in rain and whiteout conditions as I
recall.

Sly