[pct-l] Deep Creek

When we were hiking in 2000 we ran into a BLM ranger at Deep Creek.
Although we had camped on a bench about 5 miles before the Hot Springs, he
tried to give us a ticket for camping illegally (it was about 9:00 and we
were coming out of the hot springs, so of course we must have been sleeping
there.  He didn't understand about thruhikers rising with the sun.)  There
was, at that time, a sign saying NO CAMPING.  This was right after they had
reopened the trail after the fires.  To the north and the east the trails
were still closed.  To the south, and according to the PCTA website, the
trail was open.  We argued with him for about an hour that yes, we really
were there legally and if all the trails really were closed we were still
going to have to go on the PCT to get out of there.  Only the sight of the
enormous blisters on Jim's foot convinced him that maybe we had actually
walked more than a couple of miles to get there.

Ginny