From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Karen Borski
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:56 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [BULK] - Re: [pct-l] dogs

A dog did hike most of the PCT from Campo this year.
The owner, however, revolved her ENTIRE hike around the dog's needs.
They hiked most of southern California entirely at night and in the
early morning hours.  They slept all day long.  Not many other hikers
ever saw them.

The owner skipped large chunks of the trail where dogs are not allowed
and when the dog needed a break.

It's possible to hike most of the PCT with a dog -- but the only
responsible thing to do would be to follow the above example.