[pct-l] snow pack between Tuolumne Meadows and Lake Tahoe

I track the historical snowpack data for several high elevation snow survey
sites in the Southern Sierra in order to make a highly speculative,
semi-educational prediction of when the most likely, earliest date that a well prepared
thru-hiker might enter the Sierra and be able to pass through.   This is based
upon the light relationship between the amount of snow on about March 1st
versus the date at which these survey sites show zero snow.

Contact me off list and I can send you my data in an MS Excel file for your
own analysis, or simply wait until around March 1st when I post my annual
prediction to the list and Tom Reynolds and others sit back and take pot shots at
me.

Best regards,

Greg Hummel

In a message dated 12/16/2004 2:11:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,