[pct-l] DEET - where?

Yeah I agree with him (Steve/Primp/photo at the lunatic lounge) about where
you'll need the deet.  But I disagee with his level of doage.  I defenitely
needed the 100% .  They (the ladies) just didn't stay away long enough
without it.  No seriously- 100%.  But I know some who didn't use it at all!
That to me was crazy... It is wierd though - the bites don't itch like bites
you get back in WI or the midwest, they seemed to go away really quickly.
BUt the initial bites hurt more than the mosquitos from the midwest and they
will swarm you when you rest.  And I'd definetely get a headnet for the
sierra especially just after yosemite - but I guess that will change
depending on snowmelt (which the buggers follow)

Peace,

Mouse

>From: "Steve Setzer" <steve_pct@hotmail.com>
>To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
>Subject: Re: [pct-l] DEET - where?
>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:28:24 -0700
>
>I would pick up your DEET at Kennedy Meadows and then hold onto it
>until halfway through Oregon or so.  I used the Sawyer Controlled
>Release (20%) and that worked fine for me.  I only used one bottle
>for the entire trip.  I think it was a 4 oz.  Most of the time I
>wore a long sleeve shirt and pants in camp so that was enough (and a
>headnet).  I really only needed to use the DEET when I was hiking
>and was too hot to wear the long sleeve clothing.
>
>>From: "Brett" <blisterfree@isp01.net>
>>To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
>>Subject: Re: [pct-l] DEET - where?
>>Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:39:11 -0500
>>
>>For most of the trail I'd carry something non-poisonous like Green
>>Ban, then switch to Sawyer "controlled release" 20% DEET
for the