[pct-l] keeping your bag dry

I have used 3mm heavy duty industrial-strength garbage bags to put my
pack inside and float it across water that was over my head.  the pack
emerged totally dry.  no problems.  i don't have any pics of exactly
that, but the section i am speaking of looked just like this, but
deeper:
http://dudedesign.com/photos/gila/large/gohome.jpg

that is an extreme case.  I have also hiked for 10 days on the JMT in
which it rained every day but one.  No garbage bag.  Down sleeping
bag.  stayed pretty dry the whole trip, but was getting soggy toward
the end of the trip.  fortunately there was one day of sun on about day
8 where I hiked with the bag around my shoulders to dry it out as I
walked.

peace,
dude