From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
leo-spencer@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 1:41 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] July snow pack between Tuolumne Meadows and Lake Tahoe

Is the early July snow pack a significant concern for hikers between
Tuolumne Meadows and Ashland Oregon?  The PCT Northern California guidebook
describes areas where snow and ice can be problems, but I would really
appreciate hearing from people that have hiked the trail. I am not a big fan
of hiking through the snow, but am prepared to suck it up and do so.
Thanks for your help,
Leo.