[pct-l] Tents

I used the floorless tarptent on my thruhike. I preferred to sleep out so I
needed to carry a groundcloth anyway.  If I had the model with the built in
floor, I would essentially be carrying two floors (my groundsheet and the
floor of the tent).  I don't think bugs are an issue with the floorless
model,  ants could get in but they never bothered me.  Some people were
driven crazy by ants so if you don't like ants you may want to get the built
in floor.

Another point, I'm about 6'3" and I think the one person tarptent is too
small for me.  I liked the two person because I could pitch it higher (using
my trekking pole) and still have plenty of room to move around and get
dressed without touching the sides (important in rainy weather).

Steve