[pct-l] PCT Financial Planning

I am employed full time, and I think my boss will let me come back after my
2006 PCT through hike.  Eventually, I want to be able to take most of every
year off to hike (Triple Crown, Pacific Northwest Trail, etc) and kayak
(Inside Passage, around Baja, etc.).  I don't think I can do that with my
current job.  I have been looking at ways to earn some cash in the off
season.  One of the things I would suggest for habitual through hikers is
tax preparation.  Sure it is boring, but you only work January 1 - April 15.
You get paid by the return, so you can work extra to save for your trip.
H&R Block and others offer courses and hire the best students.  Might not be
the most exciting job, but it beats food service or retail and you get
summer and fall off.  Just a suggestion.

Tom