[pct-l]Another Fish Story with a recipe.

Hi Monty,

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Monty Tam wrote:

> This year got one mixed in with some Rainbows just south of Muir Pass.
> Threw it in the Fire that night, took a bite, SPIT IT OUT.

Why oh why?

On my last trip I found, that in some lakes there are golden trout that
have red - not as usual white - meat. Tasted just like salmon and made me
wish to have carried a spin-fishing set. (It is kind of hard to fly fish
lakes, for me.)

A piece of fishing gear I forgot to mention are polarized sunglasses. You
see more fish with them.

And some more recipes: If you have a fire, wait until it is down. Clean 5
small trout, rub them with spices (minimum is salt, maybe pepper, garlic,
parsley, basil or dill). Wrap in aluminum foil, put on coals for 15-18
minutes. Eat, re-use foil. :-)

Another is similar to the ones before: Trader Joes has quite good instant
miso soup. Cut trouts into steaks and poach them for 1-2 minutes in
just not anymore boiling water.

I'm eager to read more about preparing trout in the field...

Ilja.