From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Karen Borski
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 11:43 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [BULK] - Re: [pct-l] PCT Origins / Completion Statistics

Mike Saenz wrote:    "......the one about working
during the off season just enough to afford his next thru-hike..."

I also think about money in terms of thru-hikes.  You could have FIVE
thru-hikes for the cost of that new car!!!!  Or....if I go without cable
for a year at $50/month that's $600, which is two months on the trail.
If I go without a cell phone for a year, that's another $600.....I'm
half-way to a thru-hike.

It's all about priorities.

Nocona