[pct-l] PCT Origins / Completion Statistics

?Donna wrote:

> the fact that so many people have the leisure and freedom of choice to
> live an alternative lifestyle that supports such a time consuming activity has much to do with
> where our society and economy is today.

Not directly related to her specific thought, but perhaps of interest:

?It was ultimately civilization that made possible the appreciation of wilderness.?   Roderick Nash, historian.

?The longing to be primitive is a disease of culture.?    George Santayana

Dr. Bob